The days are turning dark sooner. Take extra caution. Dusk is the time of day most likely for accidents to occur.
Halloween is just around the corner. Being on a Wednesday night, use extra caution and look out for kids on foot.
Here are some tips on how to be safe during your festivities.
- Wear reflective material as part of your costume. You can add reflective tape to parts of your costume to illuminate you.
- Avoid venturing out alone. Make sure there is an adult with your group.
- Examine all treats in a safe well lit area. Don’t eat too much. You feel sick because your body can’t process too much sugar in one sitting. Mix it up with healthy snacks and meals.
- Only eat homemade snacks at your home-base or party. Never eat them prepared by strangers.
- Only visit well lit homes. Stay away from dark homes and dark spaces.
- Have Fun!
More on health and safety from the CDC.