What do I do after an accident? If you’ve been in an car wreck, the first thing you need to do is make sure you, your passengers and anyone else involved is safe and not in immediate danger from on coming traffic. If you or someone else is injured call 911 Immediately!
I just got in a car wreck, what do I do?
Stay Calm, assess your situation. If you are asking your phone, “What do I do after an accident?” Here’s the run down:
- Check yourself, make sure you are not dizzy or injured. If you or anyone around you is hurt, call 911.
- Make sure you and everyone involved is safe and out of traffic.
- If there was major damage or any injury Call 911 or the police directly.
- Call 505-242-COPS for non-emergencies
- Review the damage, and know your choices.
- You have the right to choose your body shop
- Call your repair facility of Choice, like Jay Walton
- Albuquerque Police Traffic Accident (Crash) Reports
- Call your insurance agent as soon as you are able and get your claim started. They may wish to send somebody out to investigate the collision.
Always remember, you have the freedom to choose who repairs your vehicle.
We thank you for choosing Jay Walton Automotive.
- Make arrangements with your shop and review your deductible with your insurance company.
- Get an Estimate for the damage. We have a great relationship with insurance providers.
- You’ll have to pay your deductible, and your collision repair shop will make arrangements with your insurer.
- Repair your vehicle. Jay Walton Automotive and Collision Repair will fix your vehicle like it was one of our own family’s.